- Sea Water Strainers
Sea Water Strainers
JPR-ST SERIES SEA WATER STRAINERS
- Robust Bronze Casting
- Robust Stainless with Chrome Plated Filter Baskets
- Easy Installation
- Easy Maintenance and Cleaning
- Protects Your Pumps and Engines
- Transparent and Strong Cylinder
- O-Rings provide Better Sealing under High Pressure Applications
- Zinc Bar
- Center Rods
- Air Cap
HOW TO REPLACE AND CLEAN A FILTER:
You can also view the JMP JPR-ST SERIES sea water strainers on Page 48 in the 2017 JMP Product Catalog. You can find this downloadable catalog at the bottom of JMP Marine's website www.jmpusa.com
- Be sure to crack open breather upon new installation of strainer. This will make sure to release trapped air within the system so water flows in. You MUST bleed system prior to starting to prevent "air lock" which could result in a dry start on pump.
- Make sure strainer basket spring handle is inline with wingnuts of strainer top cover so it does not block inlet port of strainer.
- A "small holes" design of strainer basket is ideal for dirty water applications.
- A small mesh design of strainer is ideal for clean water applications as a smaller mesh will affect flow rate and is therefore not recommended for dirty water applications as this will hinder the flow rate.